Sunday, April 18, 2010
Students took a quiz in the introduction of Surat Al-Inshrah and they will have a quiz in the vocabulary of Ayat 1 and 2.
This the quiz. Students who will do the quiz as homework and bring next Sunday will have the homework grade override the quiz grade.
The notes are in the pictures below
Taught on Sunday, March 28, 2010
Below please find the quiz. We started Surat Al-Inshrah. It is about the open heart surgery that the angels did to Prophet Mohamed to remove the dark side in his heart so that he will have only the good side. Allah asked the Prophet to do a very difficult job, which is to build a righteous super power himself in 23 years. This is super power will then reform the entire earth. It wouldn’t be fair to the Prophet to fight two battles; one inside with the dark side in his heart and the other is outside with all these wicked people who have conflict of interest with Islam. The outside challenges were already overwhelming and too much.
Allah in the Surah is first reminding the Prophet about this favor that he did to him, which is called Sharh Al-Sadr.
For the class on March 21, 2010
The quiz and class notes are below. We covered the rest of Surat Al-Shams and kids will be quizzed on the entire Surah next class.
Posted on 03/14/10
The homework is to memorize Ayat 1-12 in Surat Al-Shams, discuss the class notes with your kids and sign them. I also gave graded work to your kids. You need to sign it and give it back to me. I will check the signature and give it back to your kids.
Your kids took the following quiz today. The quiz and answers are shown below
Today we coverd in Surat Al-Shams Ayat 11, 12 and 13. As shown below
We discussed today the following
1. The music of Surat Al-Shams. Every Ayah ends with Huh... Huh …. Huh … Huh ….. Huh ….. This is the sound that comes out of a confused person.
Next week homework is
1. Memorize from Ayah 1 to 12
2. Prepare for a quiz in the meanings of words (this time is meaning of words, not Ayat)
3. This time notes were just the answer of the quiz. Please sign it.
The quiz of this week
on March 1, 2010
quiz of this week
on Nov 11, 2009
The midterm exam is two parts
1. Written is going to be quiz about the meaning of Surat Al-Takathor and Al-Tin
2. Memorization; your child will be asked to recite Surat Al-Takathor and Al-Tin from memory
homework is to discuss the explanations of Surat Al-Tin with your child at
home. This explanation is copied from the board by your child. You must discuss
and sign the paper where you sun copied the meanings from the board. The paper
is returned to me the following week for credit. No credit is given to unsigned
The signed paper has to be handwritten by your child. For your convince, I have included here the meanings that were on the board.
Allah is swearing by four things for the following reasons
1. Get the attention of the listeners
2. Confirm statements or facts
3. Imply something special about the things he is swearing with
Allah is swearing by the following four things
1. The figs
2. The olives
3. The mountain of Sinai
4. The safe city of
The special wonders about the objects that Allah swear with are;
1. The figs and olives: Unknown secrets. In sha’a Allah will be uncovered when Allah wills
3. The safe city of
Statements or facts being confirmed are;
1. We (Allah; this is the royal we) created the human in the best form, which is the form of innocent babies (nature)
2. Then we let him decline to the lowest of the low by allowing him to learn from the surroundings (nurture)
3. Exceptions to 1 and 2 are the believers who do good deeds
4. The reward of the believers who do good deeds is endless
Allah concluded the Surah with the following reminder;
Based on the fact that he stated earlier, that he is able to create free human beings who are free to decline to the lowest of the low and free to believe and do good deeds, it doesn’t make any sense that the human denies the Day of Judgment because without the Day of Judgment, this freedom of choice to decline or to believe will be very unwise to allow because it will be very unfair for the believers who did good deeds not to get the endless reward. Since you know that Allah is the most wise, then you shouldn’t think that he will allow such freedom without a final day for reward and punishment.
It is a sever warning from the Allah threatening the ones who are too busy in the business of increasing material things.
Allah is threatening them that they will see horrors when they go under ground.
Then Allah is threatening them that they will see the hell fire by their own eyes as they see things now.
The solution to get out of this threat is to divide the time fairly between the business of Allah and the business of increasing. If we do this, then the business of increasing counts as a good righteous deed because of the kindness of Allah.
The business of increasing involves endless greed. I want more and more, and nothing is ever enough.